Global Market Access: Taiwan
|Voltage||110V (Single Phase); 190V (Three Phase)|
|Manual Language||Traditional Chinese|
Taiwan Conformity Requirements
Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI), and Ministry of
Economic Affairs (MOEA)
- Under the Commodity Inspection Act, the BSMI safety mark is mandatory for electrical and
- Applicant must be a registered company in Taiwan.
- The four inspection schemes that require regulatory compliance: Type Approval Batch Inspection (TABI); Monitoring Inspection (MI); Registration of Product Certification (RPC); and Declaration of Conformity (DoC). The scheme depends on the product characteristics.
- Testing must be done in a BSMI or designated test lab.
- EMC compliance is required for some products.
For applicable product categories or details on any of the above, contact Testing Partners.
Telecom & Wireless
National Communications Commission (NCC)
- Local representative required.
- Type approval scheme required.
- NCC certification mark required and affixed on approved products.
- Required testing performed by NCC-approved test lab (typically in-country, unless out-of-country agreement made), and certification issued by NCC-approved certification body.
- EMC compliance required for certain products.
- If selling approved products via online website, DoC or approval label must be shown on the web page.
For applicable product categories, contact Testing Partners.
Environmental: Energy Efficiency
Bureau of Energy (BOE), Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA)
- Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) and EE Rating Labelling required for many products.
- BSMI certification includes the Taiwan RoHS marking requirement in the inspection standard for EEE. The word RoHS must be included on certain products.