MiC Vietnam Changes in the certification procedure
Summary of Circular 10/2020/TT-BTTTT:
1. MiC Vietnam approval shall grant a type approval certificate for oversea manufacturers directly. ( previously only can be hold by local Importer, now by oversea manufacturer hold the cert they can authorize multiple importers)
2. Oversea manufacturers are allowed to sign a self-assessment declaration of conformity which is needed for the “Product Quality Inspection Registration” (PQIR)process which is a part of the customs clearance process. In such case, Self-assessment DoC must be based on the test report which oversea manufacturer is “test applicant” (test report holder).
3. In order to use “Type Approval certificate” and “Self-assessment DoC” granted under name of oversea manufacturer(s), local importer shall need to submit a “notification on list of product models and importers allowed” to VNTA during PQIR process.
4. Conformity certification organizations can be VNTA or any other certification bodies which are designated by MIC Vietnam for certification activities.
5. New certification systems (methods) has been officially introduced, which now includes three methods: ( previously only Type approval system Which is type 1B , now they only accept as below)
- Certification system 1: Certification based on typical sample testing, applicable for products manufactured by ISO 9001 certified factory(ies). Certificate granted under this system shall be valid for maximum 03 years.
- Certification system 5: Certification based on typical sample testing combined with factory inspection applicable for products manufactured by a factory that has not obtain ISO 9001 certificate yet. Certificate granted under this system shall be valid for a maximum 03 years but factory audit shall be required anually to maintain certificate validity.
- Certification system 7: Consignment approval (per-lot approval), applicable when system 1 or system 5 are not applicable. Certificate granted under this system shall be valid for a single import lot / consigment only.
6. Type Approval Certificate or Letter of Acceptance of Declaration of Conformity granted before the enforcement date of this circular shall keep its validity.
Testing Partners © 2022 | another Xsite website by Xpotential Marketing Group | All rights reserved