Philippines DTI issues new technical regulation on energy consuming products
The DAO also expanded the scope of implementation for products covered under mandatory certification and shall entail the inclusion of the following in the BPS List of Products Under Mandatory Certification:
- Non-inverter, window-type and split-type (wall-mounted and floor-standing) air conditioners with cooling capacity above 36,000 kJ/hr. up to 50,000 kJ/hr;
- Inverter type air conditioners with cooling capacity above 38,000 kJ/hr. up to 50,000 kJ/hr;
- Cassette-type and ceiling suspended type air conditioners with cooling capacity up to 50,000 kJ/hr;
- Refrigerators with storage capacity above 567 liters (20 cu. ft.) up to 600 liters (21.19 cu. ft.);
- Television sets with display size above 1400 mm (55 inches) up to 1524 mm (60 inches); and
- Self-ballasted LED lamps with rated wattage above 30 W up to 60 W.
The PS License or ICC Certificate shall only be issued upon determination of compliance of the ECPs to the safety and performance requirements prescribed by DAO 22-01:2022. To provide local manufacturers and importers ample time to comply with the abovementioned certification requirements for all covered ECPs, market monitoring and enforcement shall commence on September 5, 2023, 18 months from the effective date of DAO 22-01:2022. All non-compliant products by that time shall be subject to the following:
- First Offense – Notice of Violation shall be issued but retailers/distributors shall only be advised to pull the items from the selling area.
- Second Offense onwards – Notice of Violation shall be issued subject to the regular adjudication process.
For a copy of the press release, or to discuss regulatory standards that apply to your product in any global market, please contact Testing Partners today at (862) 243-2677 or email email@example.com.