Global Market Access: Singapore
|Voltage||230V (Single Phase); 400V (Three Phase)|
Singapore Conformity Requirements
- The Consumer Protection Regulations requires 33 categories of household products (or controlled goods) to be registered with Enterprise Singapore, and must bear the safety mark.
- All suppliers must be registered, and the registered supplier submits the application.
- Registered suppliers must register each model of controlled goods, along with CoC, with Enterprise Singapore.
- Enterprise Singapore categorizes controlled goods into three levels of risk (low, medium, high). There are different requirements based on the level of risk.
For applicable product categories, or to determine which level of risk your product is, contact Testing Partners.
Telecom & Wireless
Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA)
- Telecom equipment must be registered with IMDA before selling or using equipment in Singapore.
- EMC compliance is required for certain products.
- To obtain a dealer’s license, you must be a registered company in Singapore.
- To register your equipment, you must follow the online process: Submit a self-declaration, documents, and online registration; await verification from IMDA; submit certification and test reports from accredited lab and CB; await final approval.
- Products must show compliance label.
For applicable product categories, contact Testing Partners.
Environmental: Energy Efficiency
- The E-waste regulated management system is implemented under the legal framework of the Resource Sustainability Act (RSA). This Act makes it mandatory for all manufacturers or importers of regulated products to be registered with the NEA, to keep and submit records for the regulated products supplied to the Singapore market, and provide records when requested by the authority.
Regulatory News for Singapore
Clothing Storage Unit Regulatory Update: The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) updated 16 CFR 1261
Clothing Storage Unit Regulatory Update: The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission...
Enterprise Singapore recently announced via Circular CPSO-310323-08 an update on the...
Singapore NEA (National Environment Agency) recently made updates to regulations...