Argentina Regulatory Update
Summary of changes includes new products added to the list requiring certification, a list of products not authorized for exemption as professional use, changes to surveillance requirements, and changes to certificate extensions.
The following products are incorporated in the certification requirement:
- Dichroic or bi-pin lamps.
- Led lamps and modules mounted with led.
- The lamp holders for Dichroic or bi-pin lamps
- Electric fences.
- Hand tools, transportable and garden and lawn machinery, powered by electric motor.
- Manual devices for skin and hair care (razors, grooming equipment, massages, among others)
- Electrical kitchen equipment that performs the functions of heating, cutting, process or liquefy food or beverages.
NEW PRODUCTS ARE ADDED TO THE LIST THAT MUST BE CERTIFIED BY BRAND (SYSTEM 5) AS OF 07/09/2022:
- Emergency lights in all its versions.
- Gas-fired cooking appliances with electrical connections.
- Surface cleaning devices for domestic use using liquids or steam.
- Rice cookers.
- Hot tubs and whirlpool spas.
- Pumps for heating and service water installations.
- Kitchen hoods
- Hot and cold-water dispenser.
- Electric fence energizers.
- Electric fryers for domestic use.
- Portable oven for domestic use.
- Electric juicer for domestic use.
- Household high pressure cleaners and steam cleaners.
- Shavers, hair clippers and the like.
- Electric coffee makers.
- Sewing machines.
- Motor compressors.
- Electric pressure cooker and pots.
- Electric grill, single or double, for domestic outdoor/indoor use
- Electric kettle.
- Sandwich Maker.
- Clothes and towel dryers, portable or fixed.
- Waffle maker.
- Yogurt maker
- The interlock cords that have mandatory certification by brand are those standardized according to the IEC 60320.
- Electric pans and microwave ovens that have been required to certify by brand are those for domestic use.
- The asynchronous motors that have been required to certify by brand are single-phase.
- A certified “Family of Products” will not be able to incorporate new products without carrying out the Conformity Assessment procedure corresponding to the extended scope.
When the products are commercialized via web, as of 02/09/2022, both the “certificate number” that reaches the product in question and the “Certification Body” that issued it must be indicated in the corresponding publication. This obligation will fall on both the suppliers that use their own sales websites, as well as those owners of portals or websites that serve as intermediaries in the consumer relationship.
CHANGES IN THE EXCEPTIONS – PROFESSIONAL USE:
Annex V: adds a list of products NOT authorized to process the exception for professional use.
Requesting the exception for electrical products for domestic use or for sale to the public is prohibited.
From 02/09/2022 the electrical equipment declared for “professional use” must include in the “local sales document” the legend ” professional use “.
CHANGES IN CERTIFICATE – MARKET SURVEILLANCE:
For products certified through System 4 (Type):
- Maintains surveillance every 12 months.
- Adds an “Identity Verification” every 6 months with samples obtained in the market. Critical components must be corroborated to compare with the list of components of the electrical equipment being monitored.
For products certified through System 5 (Brand):
- Now the surveillance should be done every 12 months (until now it was every 18 months).
- An Identity Verification must be performed.
- If at the time of surveillance, the Certification Body cannot verify a sample in shops or the customer’s deposit, the certificate will be suspended momentarily.
CHANGES IN CERTIFICATE EXTENSIONS:
Brand Certificates (System 5) extended to third parties: surveillance may only be carried out by the certificate holder (the person or company that has an extension should not carry out surveillance), as long as both (certificate holder and extension holder) market the product under the same brand.